Insights on the Middle Eastern Automation Market
The UAE and Saudi Arabia are the major contributors in the GCC region for adapting automation technologies with market awareness relatively higher in the UAE. The two countries are in the top markets for 2016-2017 in industrial automation which focuses on: Sensors and Instruments, Electric Motors and Actuators, Electrical Relay and Industrial Control Equipment, Materials handling and Industrial Robots.
The following industries contribute to the existence of automation and are the key success factors for this show:
- Internet of things (IoT) is seeing an influx of growth alongside the Industrie 4.0 segment in the automation accounting for an increase in the spending in the Middle East & Africa by 19.6% to US$ 7.8 bn in 2016.
- According to IDC, a global market intelligence firm, manufacturing will be the way forward in 2017, with IoT related spending in the UAE to account for US$1.3 billion.
- Building Automation & Control market is worth more than US$ 26 billion and expected to grow fast in the years to come.
- The logistics market was valued at US$ 27 billion in 2015 and one of the top industries that focuses on automation technologies is also bound to adapt to new changes as the nation is gearing for developments in rail that connects the entire GCC by 2022 and coonect two major cities in the UAE with “Hyperloop Technology”.
2018 at a glance
SPS Automation Middle East brings forward an array of industrial and building automation solutions – from simple sensors to bespoke intelligent solutions to simplify the challenges in process automation for any business.
SPS Automation Middle East is the key event of the automation industry. It is the primary source of creativity & innovation. Several key players from the industry will present the following topics onsite:
- Drive Systems and Components
- Mechanical Infrastructure
- Sensor Technology
- Control Technology
- Software & IT in Manufacturing / Production
- Interface Technology and Power Supplies
- Low Voltage-Switching Devices
- Human-Machine Interface Devices
- Industrial Communication
- Building Automation
- Future Factory
- System Integrators
- Training and Consulting